8.24.2012

A week in NYC

My daughter and I just returned from a week in NYC, where we met up with my parents. We stayed in an apartment in Manhattan on the upper west side, with easy access to the park, and the subway. It was an amazing trip, inspiring to say the least, and even though a week seems like a long time to spend in one city, it flew by way too quickly, and we didn't get to do everything on our hit list. But, we did see and do a lot, considering I was travelling with a one year old, and  we were using the subway and buses to get around.




 Orla kiely flagship. #1 on my hitlist. A small dent on my credit card...
 A sweet little cafe in Tribeca, with amazing food. This raw vegan lasagna was full of flavour. I think the cafe was called Tribeca Breads.

 Soho design district. A dangerous place to stumble upon....





 Candle cafe, an iconic vegan cafe, the first established in the city. Now there are at least 20.

 Highline park, a must see. This old meatpacking railroad track has been converted to the most amazing above ground park. An oasis from the city below.




 Marimekko NYC.....I walked out of here with only a sunflower plate and some remnant fabric for a little dress for my daughter. Serious restraint.
 The view from our apartment over Central Park.


No comments: